We're a forum of breeders, trainers, long-time and rookie owners that have come together to create a place to share, love, and at times, mourn our beautiful dogs. There's no competition-no trophies, no ribbons, no claims to breed superiority. Just information, love, laughs, and support.

Friday, August 9, 2013

HOW MY NEWF FOUND ME !





MAGGIE PETTS
How My Newf Found Me!' have you got a funny,heartwarming, or maybe down right scary story of how your newf and you came to be together? I would love to hear it!
Olaf's story - We live in the UK, and hub and I took a short break, without the kids, to Cornwall (South coast). We met Olaf and his owners in a cafe one evening, and met up with them for the next few nights. When we got home we followed him on FB to show photos of him to the kids (Olaf Cornwall). Well, the next summer we started planning a pup as are dog was pretty old and we can't be without a dog in the family. Olaf's female owner split from her partner and had to go back to Germany, heartbroken, as she couldn't take him with her. Then her ex-partner got a job in Oman! Olaf was going to have to go to a rehome centre if they couldn't find someone by September. All this was playing out on his FB page and, as we had already booked to go back to Cornwall with the kids in August, fate played it's hand, and to cut a long story short , he came home with us. Never a day goes past without us thanking our lucky stars!! What's your story??





                             ********************************



JULIE KENYON NE PIDDINGTON
How I came to have Baloo, I went to my sons in Cornwall while we were there my son bought a new car from a garage they had a landseer I fell for him,I went away and got online looking for breeders I found one had a litter of 6 they were 3 wk old,I asked if we could come and see them and leave a deposit,yes she said we had a 2 hour drive to get there I fell in love with all the pups she said or I have this one he is 10 wks I kept him to show but he only has one testicle so I can't show him,we'll she carried him out my eyes fell out of my head oh my god he is gorgeous as he had his paws round my neck and his head snuggled into me I said I am having him,we came home from hold on the Sunday and bought Baloo on the Monday.lol before we came away the breeder told me he had a slight heart murmur when he was born but it was clear I worried about that he had a bad tummy I took him to my vet and he detected the murmur and said it might clear but it is quite common,he had gastroenteritis the breeder said you can bring him back if you like,no chance I said he is staying with us now he is 5 month and he has changed our lives for better so much he is my baby love him so much.xxx







                              ********************************


LAURIE HUBER
I had wanted a newf for several years and my husband and I had discussed it many times. But we had a rottie (Sampson) and a choc lab (Titus) and it just didn't seem like a good idea to toss another into the mix. Then one Friday I got a text from an old friend. Her boss had a newfie, 7 months old, that he couldn't keep because she was too "wild" with his 1 and 2 year old. She had spent most of her life in a crate because the mom couldn't control her and dad worked all day. (they also had a sheltie that was allowed out all the time so Cleo had to watch another puppy play while she was in jail). He had decided that she had to go (good decision) and he was bringing her to the shelter that night. She had texted me at noon and I didn't get it until 3. I immediately called her and waited for hubby to get home. I then explained to him that we had a 1400 square foot house and one more dog would take up no more than eight square feet at any given moment. He rolled his eyes and said "go get her, but she is here for ONE WEEK and if it doesn't work out she is going back". I picked her up at 6:00. We arrived home at 6:30 and hubby was in the front yard. Cleo hopped out, walked over, leaned into him and gave him a nudge to be petted. He looked at me and said "She stays".





           

             ***********************************



MICHAEL AND SARA HUNT
Bentleys first owner was caught 'playing away' and his partner threw him and bentley out. He knew we had 2 newfs(& 2 labs) and always fussed bentley when we met so he came to us to see if i would take bents in. I was recovering from a cardiac arrest and our baby jack was born 6 days after my heart stopped. Sara had been a trojan and kept me and the business alive( and looking after a new born baby in 8 inches of snow). When I came back in the house a year later with bentley in tow and proud of myself her answer was bloody you bloody kill bloody heart bloody baby and now 5 bloody dogs!!!!!! I scraped her off the ceiling about 3 days later and of course he's the best loved dog ever xx





                            **********************************



DENISE CUNEO
Wow. Michael Hunt, you would have been dead at my house, the heart thing would have been the least of your worries. We debated for years about getting a dog. I wanted a pug or English bulldog. looking at dogs and breeders, husband blurts out "I have always wanted a Newfoundland since I was a kid" Huh? he had only seen one on tv or in books, not real life. So I agree, if he could find a breeder. he tells friends about it, one friend tells him there is a breeder 40 minutes from our hometown. So he calls and tells them that his wife (me) will be in to put a deposit on a puppy, that hasn't even been conceived yet. So I end up going to the breeder with mother in law and her sister. They both almost pass out seeing mom and dad, who was 175lbs. Torin came home with us in March, 2006.

 
******************************
 
 
 
KATHAN MC CARTHY
You all already know my story. By chance, talking to Debra, who I hadn't chatted with in a bit, she had a Newf needing to be rehomed. The best PM I've ever sent.
                                       
 
 
                               **********************************
                                                

No comments: