We're a forum of breeders, trainers, long-time and rookie owners that have come together to create a place to share, love, and at times, mourn our beautiful dogs. There's no competition-no trophies, no ribbons, no claims to breed superiority. Just information, love, laughs, and support.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

TRUE "TIPS" FOR NEW NEWF OWNERS






KIM WYSCARVER WILLIAMSON

ASKS:
I wanted to give you all a laugh today so here goes. Is my beige carpet always gonna have black highlights? . I'm vacuuming every week now when I could go 2-3 before. I find hair in the weirdest places!!! I think the books I read were written by liars cause I read fall and spring shedding not all day night shedding! . Will it get better once her adult coat is in? I conclude this post with a smile as I already anticipate your resounding "no Kim it'll be like this forever, get used to eating fur!!" answers! Lol. I'm am so in love with Marina so it doesn't matter but any fur management tips would be welcomed!!! Love you all!

REPLIES:

Lol welcome to Newfdom! Where fur is what's for dinner and sloogies will forever decorate the front of your dishwasher, stove, refrigerator as well as become your new wallpaper!
  •  LOL - get used to it! And wait for the drool or as a lot of us call it "Newf Art!!!" Wouldn't trade it for the world
  • tan carpet with black highlights is pretty nice...
  • I brush my Bella as much as I can which is probably not enough. Not sure how much you should brush them. My carpet is tan and slowly turns black. lol I have to vacuum every other day. I should really do it daily, but sometimes I'm not able to.
  •  Brush,Brush,Brush and hoover several times lol...we only hoover once a week as well the hair and slobber is just one of the other perks with their love xxx
  • Newfie hair is a condiment. Newfie tumbleweeds are every where! Get use to having a towel in every room to wipe the slobber. Welcome! You'll love it!
  •  Lol... Once a week?? I have to vacuum once a day!! Wait until you start noticing wall art!
  • Oh I forgot... When the adult coat comes in there will be just more of it!
  • You might as well get use to it lol! I also keep a basket with old hand towels in our family room for our guest for the drool!
    .
     Newf fuzz and Great Pyr fuzz are condiments in my home...it just floats from room to room.
  • Once a week? How about every day! Newf hair mysteriously appears overnight too. I wash walls once a week too. Floogers get flung daily
  • I probably should do it once a day or every other but with work Saturday is vacuum day!! Once I get the kids toys off the floor too then I really see what's under there!!!
  •  Every week? I have vacuumed twice today. It continuously looks like a small animal has exploded in the living room.
  • wow twice a day for me beige carpet 2 newfs ......lol
  •  I wipe the walls down every day & vacuum about every other day!
  •  I vacuum every day too - and wipe walls down once or twice a week.
  • we took the carpet out and tiled
  • Got rid of all carpeting. Rolled up my mom's beautiful area rug and put it away for now. Wood and tile floor now. Constantly sweeping with broom lol
  • Forgetaboutit... you will be vacuuming hair, eating hair, drinking hair and wearing hair for the rest of her life!
     
    The advantage of hotel living....someone else vacuums everyday!
    I use my shopvac everyday then my regular vac
    a rake is sometimes is stage one of cleaning carpets, saves the workout on the Vac!!!
    I use a really stiff bristled broom before I vacuum..
    me too on using a rake or broom first, then vacuum...oh, and I was picking dog fur out of my head bands today..
     
     
     
     
     

    No comments: